11:00 am-12:00 pm
As part of the Ageing Well partnership, we are offering free music training sessions for home and frontline carers of people living with dementia, funded by the NHS & BHCC.
These online sessions are for you if you are a carer of someone living with dementia and would like to use music to support your caring role. No previous musical experience is needed.
The training aims to:
• help you use music as a tool for connection with people living with dementia
• increase your confidence to make music for fun, wellbeing and mindfulness
• build your resilience to support your role as carer during the pandemic and beyond
• help you explore the ways that sound aids non-verbal communication
• provide opportunities to become an Open Strings Music Champion and link in with other carers to share skills and resources
• provide you with virtual training resources to support these training sessions
To book, use our contact form.
Previous participants on this training have said:
• It was perfect – tailored to our specific home’s needs and the lives and experiences of our residents.
• I liked the lack of need for musical expertise, and instead the emphasis being on play. Lots of food for thought.
• That was really great! That’s energised me for the whole day! I feel more alive!
You will need to be able to access Zoom to attend these sessions.